Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween Super Girl



Aubrey announced to me a couple of weeks before Halloween that we were having a Halloween party. :-) I didn't get much choice of whether it was going to happen or not. She is cute when she gets ideas in her head and is set on them. She started out inviting everyone she came in contact with. I think my parents were invited and uninvited 2-3 times. I ended up sending out a few invites, last minute. (I'm such a good procrastinator) We only invited a few so Derek and I didn't go insane. It turned out to be a lot of fun. We played pin the nose on the pumpkin, played charades, ate dinner of sandwiches cut into Halloween shapes and mac & cheese (of course). We decorated cupcakes, played in the sandbox and ran around outside. All the kids left with little party favors and smiles so I would say it was a good party. Derek and I did well as a tag team. By the time the kids left the house was spotless again (THANK YOU DEREK) and the only way you could tell there was a party here was by the tired looks on our faces. 7 kids the same age all excited, all wound up...PHEW!

Aubrey had a Halloween filled week!

Monday: buying decorations for party
Tuesday: decorating house for party
Wednesday: Party at the house
Thursday: Trunk & Treat at church
Friday: Party at school & Trick or Treating

What fun! (last few years...princess...this year Super Girl....hmmm anyone notice a change here?)


2 comments:

Erica said...

I LOVE the first picture, so cute. Aubrey makes one mean super woman. BTW, we're totally looking foreard to seeing you guys tomorrow!!!

The Bosh's said...

So...Cute Halloween costume! Sounds like a fun party! Congratulations! Hope all is well and good luck!:)