Sunday, October 5, 2008

Aubrey and I

I wasn't feeling great the other night so Derek took Aubrey and I to dinner at the Outback. At first Aubrey didn't want to go there but when we told her there was going to be bread and butter there, she was excited! If anyone knows anything about Aubrey, you will know she is very picky about her food and doesn't like to try new things. You will also know that bread and butter are her favorite things to eat. Either separately or together. :-) 

When we first got to the restaurant she commented on how everything there was made out of wood.
 They have wood walls, floors, etc. I laughed and really didn't think anything of it. We sat down and she impatiently waited for them to bring out bread. When they set it down she was disgusted. It was brown bread. She looked at me upset and reminded me that she doesn't like brown bread. Quickly I said, "Do you know why the bread is brown?" Now she was intrigued... I told her they purposely made it that way to look like wood like the rest of the restaurant. She thought that was pretty cool. She then decided she wanted to try the "wood bread". And quickly discovered she really liked it. I think she almost ate a whole loaf. :-) After dinner she was sitting with me and Derek took a picture with his phone. She said this picture was for her cousin June. 

3 comments:

Erica said...

I LOVE that Aubrey thought about June, what a sweet kid! I'll have to show June the picture when she gets home. BTW I never responded to your last e-mail... your wedding dress, BEAUTIFUL!! We love you guys.

Tanderella said...

andrea, you look gorgeous and so happy! congrats on getting her to eat wood bread! and congrats on your upcoming marriage!!

tandi

Kim Chapman said...

You look so cute in this picture. I love Outback's wood bread too.