Friday, November 19, 2010

Monday...

Monday I return to work. This is bittersweet for me. I do enjoy my job, most days, and look forward to getting back to managing Auctori and continue the work that we started 3 years ago. There is a sweet satisfaction of being on the team that created this product and being the manager that continues to bring it to clients and progress it further. But that means I have to leave my new baby. She will be in great hands so I am grateful that I don't have that to worry about. But I am wrestling with those emotions of wanting to be home with my girls. I am fearing what is waiting for me at the office when I return and what has changed in the past 8 weeks. What will I need to catch up on, how will it be getting up in the morning and going to work after not getting much sleep the night before? Will I be able to get into a good routine? There a million things floating around in my head.

But for today...I will hold my baby and not think about Monday until Monday. :-)

1 comment:

The Peters Family said...

Brings me back to the first day I went back to work after Anna. I did okay driving there, but every step that I took up the staircase closer to my floor that I worked on the tears just came faster and faster.
And she was home with Stephan! I cried everyday for the first week.

When I go to work now, I'm so glad it's not full-time...but I do like to work. It's my "break".
And it makes me want to be a better mom when I am home with them.
Let us know how it goes on Monday!