Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Blessing Day


I have always enjoyed baby blessings. They have always been a big deal to me even before I had children. I feel it is so special because is a time when our Heavenly Father is able to vocalize special blessings to our children and they are given their official name. It is a beautiful thing. We had the wonderful opportunity to bless Peyton in church on Sunday. I am very grateful to my father for being able to bless her. It was a beautiful and I of course sat and cried. Peyton was quiet and just laid there in every one's hands all wide eyed. There was so much love in that circle for her. I would imagine she could feel that.

My brother and his family came in from California. It meant a lot to me to have my whole family there on this special day. Both of my brothers and their wives mean so much to me in their own unique way. I feel like I am constantly looking for their validation and it felt wonderful to have them all there supporting me. I was so very grateful to the friends that supported us also. I appreciate the ones that stood in the circle to bless Peyton and I appreciate the friends that came to see Peyton blessed that do not have the same faith as me. That meant a lot to me because they were there to support me even though they didn't believe the same as me. What true friends those are! How blessed Derek and I are!

I am so blessed to have the two girls that I have and to have an amazing husband to raise them with. My life is so complete right now and I am so overwhelmed with happiness. Thank you to my family and to my friends for their patience, love and support. Thank you to my Father in Heaven for his outpouring of blessings and for these two amazing girls that he has Derek and I to care for here on this earth.

1 comment:

Erica said...

we wouldn't have missed it for the world!! Love you guys