Here I sit in the early morning while I can hear Derek shifting in bed above me and faintly hear Aubrey's night time music playing from her room. I am awake early this morning. This is not an uncommon thing for me the past couple of months. Even though at times I fight it and am able to finally go back to sleep, I often find myself awake at random hours. I have discovered this isn't always a bad thing. It gives me time to enjoy the quiet and silently lay and reflect on life. Most of the time that reflection is me getting my scattered brain back on line for a moment and remembering to do all those little things I forgot to do and sending myself little emails at work reminding myself what to do. :-) Wow I love pregnancy brain!
I joke from time to time about this blog. And how I am terrible at keeping up at it. I sit at a computer all day taking care of client's needs. All too often the computer doesn't look appealing when I get home. But this morning it did. I got up at 5 and decided to catch up on some work. It has been a bit crazy lately so getting up early seemed perfect since I was already awake. I go to my computer and I find myself inclined to write on my blog. What??!! My family is shocked right now! I love reading other's blogs and seeing how their life is going. I love visiting Ben & Becca's blog & my father's blog to see what cool pictures they have taken lately. I love visiting my mother's blog to see what wonderful insight she has for the day. I love visiting Nate and Erica's blog to see how my beautiful niece and adorable nephew are doing so far away. I love reading of all the new adventures and feelings my friends are having. Even the ones that probably have no idea that I care. I read them and think, "Wow their life is good!" Today it hit me while reading them, "Wow, my life is good also!"
- I have a wonderful and smart 6 year old that makes me smile every single day. Who was a complete answer to my prayers and has helped me through some difficult times, without even realizing it. Who has given me a reason to keep trudging along, when I didn't want to. Who always has a cute comment to say and a hug to give me. Who always loves me, even when I get frustrated with her sassiness.
- I have a loving and amazing husband that cherishes me beyond anything I could ever imagine. I had no idea that someone could love me this much. Especially after everything in my life. He wakes me up with a sweet back rub in the mornings, making sure to work out those kinks I created the night before. Always willing to help me in any way needed. Coming back into my life in a time that I needed someone to remind me who "me" was.
- I have a little being, quietly (although not so much lately) stirring inside of me. That even though not born yet has given me so much strength. (and sucked me completely dry at the same time!) Who has brought me to realize even more so how important life is and how much we are loved by our families and our Heavenly parents. This little girl has taught me so much in the past few months that I was oblivious to beforehand!
- I have a wonderful job. Even though at times I curse the stresses of it, it pushes me to learn and grow. It makes me feel accomplished in a sense. I work with great people and enjoy going to work. It is my outlet and it suits me well.
- I have good friends. There are some I don't talk to as often as I'd like to, there are some that are far away, there are some that I see daily, and some that I'd like to know better. Derek teases me that "I don't need friends", but I do....and I greatly appreciate the ones that I have and for the examples they are to me.

5 comments:
Awesome post!
LOVE YOU! Thanks for sharing your heart with us.
Wonderful to read your heart. I think of you often and read your blog each time you update. I don't keep up with mine very well and NEVER share my thoughts, I don't know, I just don't I've become a more private person than I was before. A lot has changed in me. I'm happy that you have found so much happiness in your life. I have always counted you as a friend and always will! Love you.
Way to be vague on the "over 30 years" part.... Shady. :)
That was awesome lady. Love you SO much!
Post a Comment