Monday, August 17, 2009

School Days

Our sweet Aubrey had her first day of kindergarten today. She was a bit nervous waiting for the bus but got on the bus without any issues. I was so proud of her! Her first day of preschool was quite the opposite situation so I was expecting the worse and hoping for the best. :-)
She had a fantastic day at shool. She kept talking about all the friends she made and how she even made a friend on the bus. She really enjoyed that today was her teacher's birthday and they had cookies! (she gets that from her mother...it's all about the food) She told us that there wasn't much time for recess because it was the first day of school and there was too much to do. I nearly fell over when she told me that she misses having nap time. She came home exhausted, but is excited for tomorrow! (phew)
She is an amazing, wonderful, grown up girl and I am honored to be her mother.

3 comments:

Beck n' Ben said...

Double phew. Exciting, isn't it?!! And very strange. We're glad she had a good day -- sounds like she had a blast. Tell her hi for us.

Crystal and Billy said...

That's exciting! Glad the first day went well.

Kara and Chant said...

I can't believe she is in kindergarten! I am nervous for next year when Brinnley goes. That's so good she loved it. You just never know with kids how things will go. Cute outfit too.