Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Fun!


We had a great Easter weekend. We went to the park on Saturday to have our annual family Easter Picnic. It was a beautiful day at the park! We hid some eggs for Aubrey to hunt down. We even filled a few with dog treats for Khloe. We were excited to see that she had as much fun as Aubrey hunting down eggs. Aubrey had been wanting to try out a kite she got at school so we got it out. I think Derek and I had more fun with it than Aubrey. We've decided we need to get a "cool kite". We then had fun dying Easter eggs that night. Derek hadn't dyed easter eggs in many years so it was fun to see the kid in him enjoying it. Aubrey woke up nice and early this morning to see if the Easter Bunny actually came. She is so cute! She was good enough to let us go back to bed afterwards. PHEW!! We then had Stake Conference today which was a broadcast from SLC. It was very good. Aubrey has been DYING to wear her Easter Dress. I have found her many mornings with it on when I wake up to get her ready for school! Funny kid! Dinner at my parents was of course delicious! So all in all it was a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

Kara and Chant said...

Wasn't Saturday the perfect day! THat is cute about her wearing her dress. She is a doll. I love how little things like dying eggs is so exciting. Cute pictures!

Ben & Jen said...

That looks like so much fun. Isn't it great to have just a little family time to enjoy through the hectic days? I'm glad you had nice weather. I had a lab all day Saturday, so didn't get to enjoy the normal mom things that I do. Miss you!

Crystal and Billy said...

So this post is pretty late, but I love your Easter eggs! The smiley faces are great.